Thursday, January 2, 2014

Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

~January 2, 2014~

Well Happy New Year I guess! I rang in the New Year in Squaw Valley senior style this year. After the traditional dinner of honey baked ham with potatoes and sour cherry soup, I plopped myself down on the couch with my parents and watched the oh so appropriate pre-travel-departure-movie-of-all-time ‘Taken’. Moral of the story – don’t talk to cute foreign boys, don’t share a cab, don’t have friends that are overly friendly and stupid at the same time, and have a really bad ass dad; check, check, check, check. I celebrated New Years on New York time and was in bed and asleep before 11:00.

Honestly, I am glad 2013 is behind me. Not that there was anything particularly bad about it – it was just one of those long years that ended in an odd number and I am not a huge fan of odd numbers. I have high hopes for 2014 though. I am 20 years young, and starting the New Year in Barcelona, Spain – a place I have been enchanted with my whole life.  I plan to strengthen my sense of ‘independence’ and do a little ‘soul searching’ along the way during my five month adventure. For some reason I thought it would be best to accomplish this in a foreign country.

The last few weeks have been incredibly hectic and overwhelming with finishing school, visiting with friends and family, the HOLIDAYS, and trying to pack while never being home. I guess it’s about time reality hit; I will be on a plane to Barcelona in less than 48 hours to spend the next five months studying and traveling around Europe. Woah.

Partway through the take-over of our house while
unpacking my AZ things and repacking for Spain. 
Well I am happy I got this blog thing up and running, but I best be getting back to figuring out phones, transportation, making sure I have all the paperwork I need, working on my basic Spanish, and the list goes on and on.

Happy New Year! Cross your fingers I make my 7:00 am flight out of SFO Saturday. The next time you will hear from me I will be in Barcelona!

Peace, Love & Happiness,

Nicole 
XOXO

P.S. To all my family and friends, my apartment address is:
Nicole Bajka
Avda. Paral.lel 186, Entlo. 1ยช
08015 Barcelona, Spain
(hint, hint, please feel free to write me letters from the homeland, send pictures, and there would be no opposition to the occasional treats from home) 

1 comment:

  1. "....and have a really bad ass dad"? Well, like Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) I do have skills I've developed over the years. Unfortunately, unlike Bryan Mills, those skills wouldn't help retrieve you from a nasty Albanian gang in Europe. So I'd say "Uncheck" that one but 3 out of 4 ain't bad! Have fun dear (but not so much fun that you get stupid ;-). xoxo Dd

    ReplyDelete